Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yoplait Frozen Smoothie REVIEW

*This review was not solicited by Yoplait, this review is completely my opinion and based on facts gathered from the package and online information.
Recently I had a really great coupon for the newest product to join the Yoplait food line, the Frozen Smoothie, so being a person who likes to try new things I went ahead and picked up a package to give it a go (especially since my coupon was going to be DOUBLED during SuperDouble week at Harris Teeter).
 So this morning I gave it a try, the flavor I was trying was Strawberry Banana, and I was really impressed with how delicious it was and completely satisfying for my breakfast.  The Yoplait Frozen Smoothie is so easy to make, just put the desired amount of fruit in the blender (1/2 pkg for 1 serving), pour in your milk, blend and ENJOY!  I am not a fruit eater, I struggle to get in the fruit that I need for a healthy diet, so it is wonderful having an easy and tasty way of helping to get in my daily fruit needs.  My only problem with the Yoplait Frozen Smoothie is the directions and the nutritional facts on the package, the package makes ONLY 2 servings (I wish is held more then that to last longer).  I was only making one, but the directions seemed to be for making BOTH servings at the same time and yet 1 cup of milk made a perfect smoothie for ONE, other then that I was totally thrilled.

My only other suggestion to Yoplait other then fixing their directions, would be to put the individual portions of fruit inside individual packages within the main bag to make portion control easy, and for the main bag to be resealable to make storage fresher for the remain fruit.

Here are the directions from the package, the words in PINK is the wording I thought contradicted the nutritional info of 2 servings:
1.  Pour 1 cup fat-free (skim) milk and contents of Yoplait Smoothie into blender
2.  Cover; blend on high speed 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stopping blender to scrape down sides as necessary, until smooth.
3.  Pour into 2 glasses.  Serve immediately.  Refrigerate leftovers.  *For a thinner smoothie to drink through a straw, use 1 1/2 cups milk.

Nutritional Facts
Serving Size: 1/2 pouch/103g - 8 fl oz. PREPARED, 
Servings per Container 2
Calories: 110
Calories from Fat: 15

Total Fat - Grams 1.5
Total Carbohydrate - grams 19
Dietary Fiber - grams 2
Sugars - grams 15
Protein - grams 5


This information was gathered from the Biggest Losers Pound for Pound website
Seven out of 10 Americans do not consume the recommended amount of fruit, but now Yoplait® is making it easy to get plenty of antioxidant-rich fruits into any diet, on any schedule.  Yoplait has combined its delicious yogurt with real fruit for a revolutionary frozen smoothie kit that goes from freezer to fabulous in seconds.  Each smoothie serving contains one full serving of fruit with Live & Active Cultures and is an excellent source of Antioxidant Vitamin C.  Try all 3 flavors in the frozen fruit section of grocery stores:
  • Triple Berry
  • Strawberry Banana
  • Strawberry Mango Pineapple
For more information, visit yoplait.com.
So Bottoms UP and ENJOY!!!
 HERE is a $1.00 off coupon at Coupons. com

0 comments:

Post a Comment